[opendtv] Re: 20050215 Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:51:17 -0500

>     - Russian DTT - Itar-Tass offers an expanded
> article that notes that decoders currently cost a
> minimum of 10,000 rubles (US$356):

A perfect opportunity for suggesting they switch to
ATSC, to make use of the much cheaper $50 5th gen
STBs from LG. Imagine the savings with ATSC!!

> - The Roanoke Times has an interesting story on
> the DTT transition and how some broadcasters are
> being forced to buy expensive equipment that may
> soon end up as a "boat anchor":

That boat anchor comment assumes that stations have
to revert back to their VHF channel when analog is
shut down. But apparently, they don't, right? I'd
stick with the UHF channel.