[opendtv] Re: 20040830 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: Philip Hodgetts <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:04:08 -0700

At 10:53 PM +0200 9/8/04, Olivier Houot wrote:
>I have to concur. Even KNOWING that there is a speed increase, it is not
>possible to detect it, unless perhaps you are a "golden-heared" or
>"golden-eyed" person. I usually watch the DVDs of the films i have seen
>in the theaters when they are out a few months later (i rather prefer to
>have that delay), and i have never been aware of any difference.
>
>On the other hand, i have one 60 Hz Region 0 DVD, and the motion
>artifacts are really annoying at times. After watching it, i decided i
>would not have my player dezoned, after all (that was some years ago),
>as i didn't want to build a collection based on such material.

I'll vouch for both that.  I never noticed a=20
speed increase in PAL land from film source. Now=20
I'm in the US I frequently watch film-on-ntsc on=20
a projection screen and the 3:2 pulldown is most=20
objectionable. Really intrusive.

I guess it all depends on what you get used to.
--

Philip Hodgetts         philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
President and CEO    818 206 2415

Take the Tour