[opendtv] Re: 20040722 Thundering Thursday Thanks (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:15:42 +0100

Because it's a use of the spectrum, and because A/53 is currently a matter
of law, and that determines/limits the transmission scheme for DTV in the
U.S.  The FCC would have to later vote to incorporate the new A/53 with
amendment D in a notice of rulemaking, assuming that it is voted upon and
approved by the ATSC membership.