[opendtv] Re: 20040722 Thundering Thursday Thanks (Mark's Mon day Memo)

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:09:02 +0100

I noticed with KPBS that -- despite what the spec says about transport
priority not being included in the ATSC world -- that they have transport
priority with their four elementary streams.  I sort of wondered about that:
both hd and sd have priority?  That takes up 87% or so of their transport
capacity.  Null packets bring it up to 96 or so percent, so metadata has
second place.