[opendtv] Re: 20040503 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Willkie" <jmwillkie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:54:49 -0700

Even more interesting, BEFORE there was a federal giveaway (lifeline) to
phone companies and others (corporate welfare) the phone penetration rate
was 94.1 or so percent.  In more than two decades, at an expense of many,
many billions of dollars, the rate is now .6 percent higher.

Those were very expensive gains, and we all subsidize this service.

The difference, dear Albert, is that OTA TV is free: no recurring monthly
charge.