[opendtv] Re: 1-seg

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:10:32 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> Municipal wifi probably could do even better if that ever comes about.
> I wonder if any buses or trains have wifi yet? Might become needed if
> gas goes to $10 / gallon.

Municipal WiFi, in spite of the half-witted articles hyping this up in
the past, cannot be ubiquitous, however. Municipal WiFi is available in
hot spots, and often not reliable indoors anyway.

So if people really do like mobile TV, an M/H standard would have a
decent shot, IMO. Or maybe people don't care that much about mobile TV,
in which case it's still useful to give ATSC that extra robust option
that COFDM had with HM from the start.