[opendtv] Re: 11 years after

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 08:51:50 -0400

At 8:46 PM +0000 11/6/12, Mike Tsinberg wrote:
Craig,

It seems that distributed nature of the internet offers greater reliability then one location point for either Radio or TV broadcast antenna. The content servers feeding the network may also have mirror locations.

Radio was great for Sandy here in NYC. That is the first time in a long time I dusted off my old AM/FM radio and had a great use of it. Also the internet connection I was able to get on my iPhone gave me many choices for various internet radio stations. The Verizon cell service for voice fluctuated but texting and email worked reasonably well for me.

Interesting that the data side of the network had less issues than voice.

Guess it won't matter when everything is LTE and voice goes VOIP...