[opendtv] Re: 11 years after

  • From: Mike Tsinberg <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:46:39 +0000

Craig,

It seems that distributed nature of the internet offers greater reliability
then one location point for either Radio or TV broadcast antenna. The content
servers feeding the network may also have mirror locations.

Radio was great for Sandy here in NYC. That is the first time in a long time I
dusted off my old AM/FM radio and had a great use of it. Also the internet
connection I was able to get on my iPhone gave me many choices for various
internet radio stations. The Verizon cell service for voice fluctuated but
texting and email worked reasonably well for me.

Best Regards,
Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com