[opendtv] Re: 1080p: Time for a Reality Check

  • From: ShLampen@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:07:56 EDT

Friends-

You may argue about 1080p, but Belden introduced extended testing of our
three most popular video cables (1855A, 1505A, 1694A) out to 4.5 GHz.  That  is
the third harmonic of the clock for 1080p (1.5 GHz clock).  The people  who
have been asking us for extended testing have been almost entirely
video-for-film or animation houses.

I expect the animation folks soon to migrate to 10gig (10GbaseT) on  copper.
With a 10gig copper pipe, according to the SMPTE DC-28 committee,  you can do
anything you could possibly want in a networked format.  So many  films (not
just animation but effects films, Star Wars III, War of the Worlds)  are now
just huge data files worked on by many people simultaneously.

When they build the first Yottabit Server (1023 bits) in Antarctica (nice and
cool for the circuits), you  will understand why I say ice climbing and
computer programming will be the  perfect skill set.

You have been warned!

Steve Lampen
Belden Cable