[opendtv] Re: 1080p @ 60 is Next?

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 16:02:26 -0700

The 3 Gbps over a single cable standard is SMPTE 424M.

Ron

Olivier Houot wrote:

Dan Grimes wrote :
Ron states:

"1080p@60 (or 50) emission is next. IMHO, it will be here
much sooner than many folks think."

But I question that because there is a lot going against it. First, there isn't a lot of production equipment that can do it. It also requires two cables for the 3Mb/s to interconnect the production equipment rather than a single cable.

I've read about a new SDI standard that allows for 1080p (60 or 50) on a single 75 ohm cable.
The link below is for a compliant driver chip :

http://www.national.com/FRA/news/item/1,4294,84,00.html