[opendtv] Re: 060423 Schubin's Sunday Stuff (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:55:19 -0400

What percent of the around 15% who depend on OTA are even buying DTV
sets. Most of these folks are also going to be the last to know of, buy
or even be able to afford a DTV. They are the ones who will be blind
sided by the transition and be buying the subsidized converter boxes.
They also are more likely to live in an apartment that will not allow or
have a rooftop antenna that could help. And few of them will be buying a
converter till the actual cut off is imminent or has just happened.

Bob Miller