[opendtv] Re: 050615 Wolfsson's Wednesday Words (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:59:28 -0400

I feel that since the CEA are the ones that manufacture televisions, if they
think all televisions should have digital tuners sooner than the FCC
mandated, then they could all have agreed to include them in 100% of their
sets voluntarily.

The fact they must have a mandate to do so says that the CEA does not speak
for all manufacturers, or else that all manufacturers cannot be trusted.

John