[openbeosstorage] Re: Progress Update

  • From: Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:03:32 -0800

> > > Anyway, today and tomorrow I'll work on the Device API. I start
> > > reviewing the latest mails an rolling in the changes, now. I'll be
> > > back with a mail in a few hours, I think.
> >
> > (checking watch, which incidentally is still on 24 hour time; one
> > small
> > step for America... :)
>
> Don't hold your breath though. Things tend to go a little slower than
> expected. :-(

No worries. I, too, shall continue to take far longer to complete tasks
than I will claim necessary. ;-)

> BTW, have you tried the R5 Pro CD with your session module?

Nope, I hadn't. I'm glad someone finally did, though, see below.

> It's the
> only multi-session CD I have at hand and unfortunately only its first
> session is reported. The first time I tested was after some changes,
> but none to the session module and none that could possibly have such
> side effect (I hope at least ;-).

Nope, definitely not your fault. :-)

> Here's, what the test program
> prints,
> when debug output is enabled for disk_scanner (I added some more
> output
> to track the problem down) and the session module (and a fs/testfs
> module that does nothing). Of interest are perhaps only the last 10-15
> lines, but for sake of completeness... ;-)
<SNIP>

It turns out that the R5 Pro CD has one "session", containing three
"tracks", those terms being the ones used by the specs. That's the
first CD I've seen with more than one "track" per "session". I'd
wondered if it might be possible, but hadn't stumbled across or been
able to create such a CD thus far. Thus, I'm glad to have such an
example now, though it's going to make things a little more
complicated.

So, I'm now in the process of updating the cdrom session module, and
will tackle Joliet volume names when I finish.

-Tyler