[openbeosstorage] Re: Progress Update

  • From: Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:46:25 -0800

> > > How far along are the changes
> > > you're working on, Ingo=3F
>
> I have to admit that I was lazy last weekend. My little pet project, a
> read-only ReiserFS add-on, I started (and also planned to finish) over
> the holidays somehow began a life on its own.

Well, at least you've been able to accomplish something productive.
I've just been plain worthless of late. Meanwhile, Axel appears to have
hired a small firm to augment his contributions. ;-)

> Anyway, today and tomorrow I'll work on the Device API. I start
> reviewing the latest mails an rolling in the changes, now. I'll be
> back with a mail in a few hours, I think.

(checking watch, which incidentally is still on 24 hour time; one small
step for America... :)

> > > Unless you have any better suggestions, I
> > > guess I'll  start looking into what's still needed for the C++
> > > API.
>
> That's not a bad idea. I will do that too, but two pairs of eyes will
> lower the risk of oversights. When you start with it before me, then
> please drop a mail, that you do, and post a mail with the results,
> when you're done. Otherwise, I'll do that.

Will do.

> > Nice!
> > Just a short question, now that I you've done all the hard work:
> > will
> > the ISO-9660 fs module recognize the Joliet volume name as well?
> > :-)

Not currently. It's not difficult to find the Joliet volume name, but
it has to be converted from Unicode to something useful. Is there a
handy way to do that in the kernel, yet? If not, do you suppose that
might be something worth adding? I have to admit that non-ASCII
encodings are a bit foreign to me, being a pampered English-only
speaker.

-Tyler