[openbeosstorage] Re: Progress Update

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:55:17 CET (+0100)

> Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, it looks like I'm finally done with the cdrom modules, which
> > leaves me with nothing to do (I even did some web page
> > administrativa
> > today, I must be out of work! :).

Oh, oh.

> > How far along are the changes
> > you're working on, Ingo=3F

I have to admit that I was lazy last weekend. My little pet project, a
read-only ReiserFS add-on, I started (and also planned to finish) over
the holidays somehow began a life on its own.
Anyway, today and tomorrow I'll work on the Device API. I start
reviewing the latest mails an rolling in the changes, now. I'll be back
with a mail in a few hours, I think.

> > Unless you have any better suggestions, I
> > guess I'll  start looking into what's still needed for the C++ API.

That's not a bad idea. I will do that too, but two pairs of eyes will
lower the risk of oversights. When you start with it before me, then
please drop a mail, that you do, and post a mail with the results, when
you're done. Otherwise, I'll do that.

> Nice!
> Just a short question, now that I you've done all the hard work: will
> the ISO-9660 fs module recognize the Joliet volume name as well=3F :-
> )
>
> When the Devices API is done, we might think about doing a real GUI
> partition module to see if the API provides enough possibilities for
> what we want to achieve.

Yep, that's my plan too, but first we want to finish the C++ API of
course, since that's the (only) one, that will deal with the GUI add-
ons, I suppose.

CU, Ingo