[openbeosstorage] Re: Facing the End ;-)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:49:49 +0100 CET

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> on can tell, what extactly is supported. Regaring the FS flags
> mentioned in my previous mail, I will add a `fs=5Fflags' field to
> extended=5Fpartition=5Finfo, that will look the same as fs=5Finfo::flags.
> (If
> also a free=5Fblocks would be added, then one should have enough
> information for resizing of partitions.)

That doesn't have to be the case; in the end, the file system itself
must be bothered with the question of the overhead of a partition
resize operation - only the file system can now if it needs more space
to i.e. store the (now) fragmented file or something like this.
Of course, we could just have a generic safety margin that would be
suitable for all file systems, like there needs to be at least 3% free
space in the new volume, or something like that.

Adios...
   Axel.