[openbeosstorage] Re: DiskDevice API v2.1

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 16:53:01 +0200 CEST

Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, the caller would have to make sure, that the parameters are
> > valid.
> Doesn't it seem like it would be clearer and less error prone just to
> have a specific function per operation=3F Yes, that means more
> functions,
> but IMHO that's a reasonable tradeoff for better typechecking and
> greater ease of implementation.

It depends on where this generic function would be. From userland, we
could have 20 functions that will all create the parameter set for this
one generic function, which is a syscall.
The underlying FS could also have this one generic function. Having
only one generic function (or a small set of functions) would make the
FS API easier.

Adios...
   Axel.