[openbeosnetteam] socket module vs. starter vs. stack

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Net-Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:54:43 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

currently, the socket module is also responsible for actually bringing
up the networking stack (by getting the net stack starter module).
However, since the socket module now contains a few functions that are
also needed by the protocols (the connection stuff and notifications),
we cannot do this anymore.

The question now is: should we
a) let the driver get the net starter module, or
b) move that functionality into the stack module (as done in BONE)

I've already implemented a) to keep things going (and because it's
simple), but I'm open for your opinions :-)

Bye,
   Axel.