[openbeosnetteam] Re: skeleton sockets fd support driver

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:08:27 EST (-0300)

> > A word of caution about using a BONE system for testing/
> > development.
> > The code we have so far won't run on a BONE system, and the target
> > platform is a non-BONE system.
>
> Why should it not work? They aren't that different.
> You just have to not use that driver from within BONE.

What fails is when the code tries to open the network card.

> Well, at least we should check - the notify_select() function is also
> defined in the R5 kernel, but we can't be sure it will work until
> we've
> tried.

Yes, but it will. Believe me. :)

> > Nice to see people actually doing more!
>
> Yep, you're not the only one anymore :)

And now I have a new job where I will be able to keep running BeOS!
Also I will work 4 hours less than I am woring right now and get paid a
lot more... Things can`t get much better than that. :) Expect me to be
contributing code soon. :)

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Weiler's Law:
        Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it
himself.