[openbeosnetteam] Re: shall I move dumpBlock() to debug.c?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:27:59 +0200 CEST

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to move dumpBlock() from ethernet.cpp to some public place
> as I am
> sure it will be rather helpful for protocol implementations, too.
>
> Should I move it to debug/debug.c or is there a better place?

You could move it to debug.c, maybe rename it to dump_block() or
consistency - it shouldn't be public API in R1, but I think we can
leave it in until then :)
BTW, the block cache also has a copy of this function (cache/
block_cache.cpp).

BTW also very nice for developing a networking stack is this tool:
http://www.wireshark.org/

Bye,
   Axel.