[openbeosnetteam] Re: routes

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:57:37 +0200

On 2006-07-31 at 14:35:57 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just in case you wondered why the "route" application doesn't work as
> advertized; my last changes to it broke it, and I can't commit the fix
> right now, as BerliOS is full again.
> I've also worked on the routes backend to support RFT_DEFAULT routes
> correctly, and to be at least a bit more independent from IPv4.

I'm glad you mention it, since I just wanted to start a new submodule of
net_domain (address_arithmetic_module_info or anything like that) and move
all the functions that deal with address-comparing/-masking and the like from
route.cpp and interfaces.cpp into the new module. I suppose we could even get
rid of address_offset and address_length.

Anyway, I'll just wait for BerliOS to move...

cheers,
        Oliver