[openbeosnetteam] network configuration files help.

  • From: Andre Garzia <soapdog@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:53:34 -0300

Hello Folks,

the network preflet is working, most of the work now is minor improvements to the code and making the UI pretties (adding profiles and the like). To set the network, I am writting out the config files that are monitored by the net server. I write both 'resolv.conf' and '/boot/common/config/settings/network/interfaces'.

An example of what is generated is:

device /dev/net/ipro1000/0 {
                address {
                        family  inet
                        address 192.168.0.7
                        gateway 192.168.0.1
                        mask    255.255.255.0
                }
}

But net_server never refreshes, I though it monitored this file, actually, by seeing the source code, I know it monitors the file. Any clue what I am doing wrong? The resolv.conf one is working though.

thanks for the help.
andre