[openbeosnetteam] Re: libnetapi in libnet

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:02:48 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> is there a particular reason for libnetapi being included in libnet
> instead
> of being a separate library? An obvious disadvantage is, that ported
> (command line) applications and libraries that use the POSIX sockets
> API
> also have to load libbe. The overhead is probably not that dramatic,
> but,
> unless I miss something, totally unnecessary.

It was only done because having another lib is not really necessary - I
did not really notice that it linked against libbe.
But since this one is only rarely used, and not really helpful either,
maybe we want to fade it out, anyway in future Haiku releases?
We could also move it to libbe for now, as an alternative to have it as
an extra library again. Just decide whatever you prefer, though :-)

Bye,
   Axel.