[openbeosnetteam] Re: hy, I want to write a DHCP client

  • From: "Chira, Valentin" <Chira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:01:56 +0200

thx for info. I never tried to start OpenBeOS before but I will try it. I
hope I can install it easily. Can you tell me what is the status of
OpenBeOS? is it installable? Do you have some Installation guide? or just
the readme file from CVS? I am no DHCP guru myself too but I like network
programming and I was thinking to do something usefull..so why not. The
problem is that for routable DHCP I need BOOTP protocol..so..but anyhow this
are details. I would like to join your project. can someone tell me a
minimum configuration for OpenBEOS? can I run it nice on a Pentium 1 133MHZ?
I know about BeOS..
Another thing is that..if I want to join your team what do I need to do?I
would like to write a network monitor also..in the future..or if DHCP seems
like a impossible task than maybe I will do it now. I think a network
monitor(sniffer) is more than usefull..I will take a look at the work done
until now for TCP/IP stack to have a better inside.

regards
  Valentin