[openbeosnetteam] Re: fix sis900 to 10mbit

  • From: Rob van Dam <r_vandam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:59:10 +0100

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Rob van Dam <r_vandam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After I added speed 10 and duplex half to the sis900 file, nothing happened. (I made a fresh install without Bone).

Thats why I disconnected the remote adsl/ethernet switch, and borrowed another simple one. I plugged in only my computer and the speed given was 100 mbit.

Huh? You mean auto negotiation does only have problems with your switch?
The driver should not fall back into auto mode when there is no link; in fact, it doesn't care about a link or not if you specify the values directly.

That with the link was only a wild guess.

I tried to set the speed to 10 mbit with the configuration file, but the simple switch shows me a speed of 100, so the speed isn't set.

The remote switch is the one that's flipping when the speed isn't set.

P.s I use the net_server add-on from bebits (1.0.1). The network settings api says I use 0.9.6B. I removed all old sis900 stuff before I installed this one.

I must have forgotten to update the version number - that's no problem at all.

Sorry, perhaps I get a little paranoid. :)

Bye,
  Axel.

Greetings,
Rob