[openbeosnetteam] Re: fix sis900 to 10mbit

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:42:07 +0100 CET

Rob van Dam <r_vandam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After I added speed 10 and duplex half  to the sis900 file, nothing
> happened. (I made a fresh install without Bone).
>
> Thats why I disconnected the remote adsl/ethernet switch, and
> borrowed
> another simple one. I plugged in only my computer and the speed given
> was 100 mbit.

Huh? You mean auto negotiation does only have problems with your
switch?
The driver should not fall back into auto mode when there is no link;
in fact, it doesn't care about a link or not if you specify the values
directly.

> P.s I use the net_server add-on from bebits (1.0.1). The  network
> settings api says I use 0.9.6B. I removed all old sis900 stuff before
> installed this one.

I must have forgotten to update the version number - that's no problem
at all.

Bye,
   Axel.