[openbeosnetteam] Wrapper library

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:20:31 +1100

        Jean Schwerer wrote:
> Sure :^)
> Please make sure you check Erik's work an tell us what you think about it
> first, I think it's really
> worth it. You'll find everuthing about it at the URL above.

        [Zenja Solaja]  I've looked at the links you've provided, a very
informative read.  Eric has taken the approach of replacing one component at
a time while always having a complete module (the other untouched
components) until eventually all components are replaced.  This ensures
compatibility and functionality where this approach is possible, and for
some kits (ie. the Support Kit) this is the way to go since each component
is separate from the others, hence you can replace them peice-meal (ie.
BString and BList).

        Unfortunately, with some kits (like the media kit and the
net_server) we've got the problem of dependency with unknown internal
functions and an unknown state machine which constitutes the server.  We
know the public interface, but not what states and messages it sends to the
server.  Erics approach can help with some components which are
non-dependant on the server internals, but the brunt of the server needs a
complete replacement, hence the global pluggin support suggested by Marcus
seems like a more appropriate path for us to take.

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.