[openbeosnetteam] What's going on [Was: Some admin stuff]

  • From: "Jean Schwerer" <j-schwerer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:53:41 +0100

Hi all,

[Erik]
>Haven't seen much action on the list lately, just wondering where we're at?

Couldn't find the time to finish BeOS API stuff but I am still dedicated to my
deadline (end of
this week), although I know I probably won't make it ^_^ I've been running out
of time because
of job searching for nearly three months now but good news is I finally will
start on a new job in
one week. So expect me to become more active then ^_^
It looks like I'm waiting too long before sending reminders to inactive
contributors so I believe I
should send a weekly reminder to those persons from now on ^_^

[Emmanuel]
>Ok, for my part I have time concerns for the moment but I was (and still am)
>in the process to study how to interface network drivers.
>Based on a old sample code from Be I was trying to directly interface a
>driver to send and receive frames
[...]
>But I can help and give all the source code and information I collected in
>the area of this project :-)

Would love to know what information you collected so far because as soon as I
have finished
the BeOS API stuff I'd love to jump in on this part.

[Erik]
>Do we have a base structure to use?  Do we have some alternate cvs(or other)
>playground
>for us to use until the build meister gets everything organized? (Anybody know
>where
>the build meister is at with regards to people being able to commit stuff?)

As far as I'm concerned my code is not ready yet. As soon as there's something
usable you'll be
my first alpha-testers ^_^. There shouldn't be much to test except for those of
you who have
BONE, as the libnetapi works with R5 but not with BONE (listening sockets don't
work).

[Emmanuel]
>I'm not aware of any cvs repository for network code other than the main
>project CVS.

Just the same for me ^_^

[Erik]
>>Last but not least, the "old guys" on this list have to welcome a couple of
>>newcomers:
>>- Erik Reid, from...?, well I don't know where from ^_^
>
>Calgary, Alberta, Canada. :)
>
>(sourceforge id is freyr, I think)

ok :o)
Well, I'm glad to see Erik post to this list (at long last). Please don't
forget the list is open to
suggestions and I'd like to hear from all the "newcomers". Didn't get a single
answer from the
"newcomers" to this thread. Writing emails steals a lot of time away from
coding, but those who
are not coding yet have no excuse for not answering :o)

Francesco, Robson, can we finally get some news from you?
Zenja, can you please give us an update as far as the "dummy C program files"
are concerned?

Jean