[openbeosnetteam] Userland select() support commited

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:34:42 +0200 (MEST)

Axel wrote this before leaving us for vacation:
>> I will look into it this weekend. Did Axel ever
>> finish the IPC stuff required for the userland
>> version to work?
>
> Of course he did :-))
> The only thing that is not yet working (and that I am aware of) is
> select() support in the userland version, but that won't be hard to
> port over, after Philippe has finished it for the kernel.

I've commit a first userland select() support in both
net_userland_stack.c and userland_ipc.c. Basic tests I made works, but
it's not really a testbed.

As I want to be able to use the BONE notify_select_event() kernel call,
I choose to keep the select notification code into the driver, and add support
to driver and IPC server to handle the core->setsocket_event_callback()
callback mecanism used by our kernelland code version.
Basicly, the net_userland_stack launch a kernel thread at init time to
wait for *callback* message on a port, and we pass the notify port as needed
to userland server when we have at least one socket select()'d.
Same port for all sockets.

-Philippe