[openbeosnetteam] Re: Time to put up or shut up!

  • From: <j-schwerer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 1 Feb 2002 01:37:09 MST

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply

>> > So, shall we start coding?  =

>> =

>> Some of us already are. ;)

Funny question, really :)
I don't have loads of time and pretty much everyone are grown ups here.
However every time I've tried to assign something to someone it's not bee=
done. Sometimes some people on this team even vanish in the fresh morning=
 air
and ghosts reappear like lurking shadows a couple of centuries later ^_^
There's been some interesting subscriptions lately, among which some very=

interesting & "famous" people (at least famous in the BeOS Community) ^_^=
 So I
would expect quite a high level of autonomy. You know what I am working o=
(some admin tools for our team + the upperest layer, i.e. the library
implementing the BeAPI over traditional sockets). Carlos sent me a file t=
hat
is gonna help me a lot (doing half of my job at the very least... thanks
Carlos! =3DP).
Other than that, I would say all other kinds of work are open. Emmanuel u=
sed
to be working on speaking to device drivers et listening to them but I kn=
ow he
is, like me, running out of time lately.
Additionally I am running out of Internet connection :o) I'm staying at a=

friend's place for 2 or 3 weeks cause I am moving but the place I move in=
to is
not "ready" yet, and where I am staying right now I only have http, ftp a=
nd
pop3 (not even smtp, I need to post my emails through a web interface... =
eeeek
:-(.....). And while I should be able to change that f***cking proxy conf=
ig, I
just wasn't granted the rights to do so (otherwise I would have opened so=
me
more ports and services :oP)
So, except if you find a website that can connect to IRC through an http =
proxy
it will be difficult for me to join any IRC discussion in the coming week=
s.
Wait... I believe (I hope) I can arrange to be there if we gather on sund=
ay
afternoon any week or some saturday noon except this week ^_^ (be careful=
=2E...
GMT+1, i.e. Paris' time zone being the reference for me =3DP.... meaning =
EARLY
in the week-end for Americans.... sunday late in the morning for American=
s,
whic would be sunday in the evening here maybe? Anyone? ^_^).

>BTW, are these ?'s due to that dodgy mail replacement thingy?

Looks to me like some email client misencoding (a little like Scooby mayb=
=3DP). However if it's true the server can correct that kind of thing the=
n I'll
give the OBOS archives a look but I can't promise anything yet :-)

Jean

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=3D1=