[openbeosnetteam] Re: Testing the stack

  • From: "Brennan Cleveland" <warriorspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:43:35 +0000

Hi,

Ok, I think I've got everything squared away for testing, but one thing.
 I'm still a little confused about the net_server_driver file.  I guess
I'm a little confused about the diffrence between the userland and
kernel stacks.  I understand the kernel stack structure, but what is
net_server_driver?  Is that a replacement for the BeOS R5 net_server?
Where does net_server_driver fit in to the stack architecture diagram in
the docs?  Are there two separate stacks to test? One being 'core +
protocols' and the other being 'net_server_driver'?

That said, I will be focusing on the kernel space stack for testing,
unless you guys think I should be testing the user space stack.

Also, I am more than happy to tackle addition documentaton other than
just testing procedures.  I will fill in the blanks that exist in the
network html documentation as I go, if no-one minds.

I will begin testing the kernel stack today.  Actually, I already
started, and found that the BeOS provided ftp application works!
However, telnet is causing a segment violation...  Anyway...

Thanks,

Brennan