[openbeosnetteam] Suggestion...

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:16:59 -0000

I'm just about to add a file to the net_kit repository called "Committers".
It is exactly what it's name suggests.

Now, how about everyone who thinks that they might be contributing to this
project doing the following...

o make sure you have an SF login
o letting michael phipps know the username
o checking out the net_kit repository as read/write ie NOT via anon cvs
o add their details to the Committers document

This will at least start everyone on the CVS track and ensure that evreyone
has r/w access before we go much further.  CVS isn't hard to use and if you
have trouble email this list and there are enough people here who can help.

On a side note, please, please, please (did I say please enough yet?) don't
feel intimidated or worried about asking stupid questions or offering
opinions.  A quote goes

"there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"

Let's adopt that and use it.  This is a team effort and we need to make sure
that everyone is happy.  If you don't understand, ask! I'm hoping to have
cvs commit messages sent to this list (we've talked about it a few times and
it should be done soon) which will allow for proper CTR to take place.  For
those who don't understand what I just wrote, CTR = Commit Then Review.
Basically people are free to commit and then the emphasis is one everyone
else to review the code.  People sitting reading the emails is a great bonus
and it does lead to better code.

david