[openbeosnetteam] Some Questions...

  • From: "Cain O'Sullivan" <cos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:17:14 +0800

Hi Guys,

I am now starting to work on some code - Couldnt let David and Axel have all
the fun!  I am actually studying my Masters externally aswell as working
fulltime, however, I have just dropped one of my units so I could put some
time into this...  How is that for proiritizing!!!

I have some questions to start with...

1.     The major question, I have never used CVS to check in before, only to
check out... I am not actually sure how to check in... Can someone please
give me a breif run down - if not Im sure I can find out the information
somewhere...

2.    I started to do some work on the ICMP and I am filling in some
defines/enums.  Are there any header files that we have to conform to in
this respect, in terms of the names of defines and structures - I have never
wirtten code for BeOS before.  Also, I see that in a lot of places 'enums'
(without labels) are used in place of defines, ie , "enum { ... };".  I have
never used enums like this before, what is the benefit of doing it this way
in place of a define?  And what and when should we be using them in the
code?

3.    What have people planned to do for IPv6 support?  If ICMP4 and ICMP6
are similar, should we build them in together, or keep them seperate as IPv4
and IPv6 are?

4.    Does anyone have any thoughts on where the INADDR_LOOPBACK should be
checked?  I think it should be checked at device level (Ethernet.c) instead
of Protocol level.  Any objections?

Thanks,

Cain
cos@xxxxxxxxxxxx