[openbeosnetteam] Re: R5 compatibility and libnetapi.so

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:00:40 +0200

On 2006-10-05 at 20:21:05 [+0200], Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > b) Link libnet.so to libnetwork.so (as done with libbind.so and
> > libsocket.so), and determine at runtime if the compatibility layer
> > should be used or not.
> >
> > b) would be much easier to do and reduce the network related libraries
> > a bit more.
> > I'm also thinking about moving libnetapi.so (and libbnetapi.so) into
> > libnetwork.so as well.
>
> I'd vote for (b). The simplest solution is often the best.
>
> Did you check a few BONE binaries for not being linked against libnet.so?

Well, I just have and ping, traceroute and nslookup are linked against
libnet.so. Many others will be, too, especially since the Be-provided gccs
did come with linker specs that included '-lnet'.
Is that a problem (does BONE use the new API)? Anyway, I get the feeling that
I haven't yet understood the exact problem that needs to be solved here...

cheers,
        Oliver