[openbeosnetteam] Re: Protocols types

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:41:26 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't like hard coded (in the wrong modules), but I dislike
> > configuration files even more.
> How will it be done in the final implementation? The current ethernet
> module
> has its values hard-coded. Where should the values be put? Should
> each
> module maintain its types (ethernet has a list of all ethernet
> subtypes, PPP
> has its own list, etc.) or should the core module maintain its types?
> Each
> module is the best, but why does the ethernet module not do this,
> then?
> Because it is just there to have something working?

That's what I meant with "in the wrong modules".
The ethernet shouldn't have hardcoded with which other modules it can
work with. But, the other modules should know that they work with that
specific ID which came from that layer.
I think either the ethernet module or the stack itself should then
stick the pieces together so that it all can work.

Adios...
   Axel.