[openbeosnetteam] Re: PPP up/opened

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:52:13 +0200 (CEST)

>> I think at a fist stage the interface is up and able to negociate
>> LCP (authentication) and NCP (IPCP) then it can eventually go
>> opened when succesfully negotiated...
>
> Maybe I did reverse the correct use of "up" and "opened" in the
> previous mail... :-)

Exact, but that's the idea behind this two states of a ppp "interface" anyway:
1) it's first opened
2) link negociation protocols (LCP, NCP, and sub-protocols like CHAP lies there)
3) it's going up, eventually :-)
4) ppp frames are sent/received, until...
5) it's going down (and closed, obvioulsy).

-Philippe.