[openbeosnetteam] PPP up/opened

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:44:46 +0200

Hi,
why does PPP have two states, Up and Opened? Why is it possible that the
interface is opened, but not up? When does such a situation occur? I think
it is useful when you have a PPP server, is that right? Still there is the
question why an up event cannot open the interface.
The state transition table is a little bit confusing...once I understood
this I will start the PPP test implementation. Can I use our stack or will
it crash? How do I install it? Just remove all BONE modules and copy the
binaries?

Waldemar