[openbeosnetteam] Re: Network stack question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:34:22 +0200 (MEST)

Hugo wrote:
>   -> IP
>     -> UDP
>       -> No endpoint found, return "Port not reachable"
>   -> IP sends ICMP Port not reachable.
>
>   Axel may have a different view on this.

Not really :-)
But in addition to that, I think we should have a register_error_handler()
function in the stack that the ICMP module would use. Then, IPv4 would just
forward the error to the error module. On the other side, the ICMP module would
need a way to report an error to a protocol as well.

Bye,
   Axel.