[openbeosnetteam] Re: Network stack question

  • From: "Hugo Santos" <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:57:36 +0100

Hello Ivo,

 May i ask how you are planning on separating ICMP? Although ICMP
sits on top of IP, it is an IPv4 specific control procotol. What i
think would be interesting would be to define a set of standard error
messages to propagate down the stack so IP would reply with an ICMP
error to the source. For instance, "Port unreachable" to be used by
UDP.

 Hugo