[openbeosnetteam] Re: Network overview

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:52:22 +0200 CEST

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2006-07-19 at 12:40:06 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > I've put a short document together that should explain how the
> > stack
> > works (more or less), and what data structures are in use:
> > http://www.pinc-software.de/files/Network%20Stack.html
> Many thanks for that! It helped me completing the picture in my mind.

I hope it's not too complete now, as the changes I made to the datalink
level were not taken care of. I've updated the document now, though,
and also put it into our repository at:
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/docs/develop/net/

(I've updated the document on the web as well, though)

> > At least in some places, I also put some function documentation
> > into
> > the source files.
> > If you need more insight, please tell me.
> I probably will, very soon >;o)

Cool :-)

Bye,
   Axel.