[openbeosnetteam] Re: Moving to /current and jam...

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:15:06 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Marcus wrote:
> > Maybe we should start by moving apps/* and libnet/* to /current/src
/
> I think you can start by moving everything into current.
> Jamfiles can be added when all files are in place.

Okay, moving around files & directories, I can do *this*.

> Personally i would prefer to *not* integrating it into the new
> kernel. I think having the kernel version as a kernel driver,
> and not as integrated syscalls is good enough for us,
> since this way it can be used with BeOS R5 and with
> the new kernel (which also can load modules and drivers).
> The performance difference shouldn't be something to
> worry about.

That's exactly my opinion too, and Axel, Nathan and even Travis share
it too.
We should, someday, remove the special FDTYPE_SOCKET fd_types David
introduce
in /current/headers/private/kernel/fd.h to support his kernel
integration plan...

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted
before.