[openbeosnetteam] Re: Moving stuff: half done.

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:26:38 +0200 (MEST)

Quoting Marcus:
> > If possible, I'm going to replace the current sys/types.h with the
> BeOS R5 sys/types.h
> > This will break much, but I think this needs to be done and I'm going
> to fix it then.
> I tried it, I think it is the way to go.

It make sense, yes.
I was unhappy about all these foreign types used in the stack code anyway, so
go on.

> It will also require to at least add
>  headers/posix/be_setup.h
>  headers/posix/null.h
>  headers/posix/size_t.h
>  headers/posix/time.h
> and:
>  headers/posix/sys/select.h
>  headers/posix/sys/sockio.h
>
> Philippe did you forget to add the last two, or am I doing something
> wrong?

No. I mean, no you're not doing something wrong and yes, I forgot
these ones (what I was thinking!?).
Could you add them for me?

Currently, I'm working on the second half move: the modules and BNet* includes
files.

> I still think:
> > However I have still a bad feeling about our header problems. We
> really should
> > work on getting a compilation that is independent from headers in
> /boot/develop/headers

Maybe we should merge /boot/develop/headers with our /current/headers?
And then make sure that we never use the /boot/develop/headers (which would be
hard as I think it's part of BeOS gcc builtin include path...).
It's part of our source compatibility duty, by the way.

> BTW, is there a build team list, and can somebody please forward it?

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=openbeos-build-team

-Philippe