[openbeosnetteam] Re: Mailing lists and network team questions

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:04:11 +0100 CET

Hi there,

just a minor observation: since our current networking stack is already
integrated, and at least somewhat working - would it be more or less
work to get it work correctly than porting a whole new stack (even if
that stack would then be better)?

Just wondering if it's worth the effort. Also, if we don't intend to
stick with the FreeBSD stack for R2, it makes the porting effort less
valuable - plus, if that's the case, it would also doesn't make much
sense to create BSD like APIs in the kernel, instead, it would be
better to adapt the stack to our kernel.

Just some thoughts.

Bye,
   Axel.