[openbeosnetteam] Re: KPPPFSM.cpp,1.1,1.2

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:07:54 +0200

> > KPPPFSM.cpp KPPPInterface.cpp
>
> I didn't have any time to look at your sources yet (and chances are low
> that I'll find the time before my vacation), but the former class/file
> seems to deserve a better name, whatever it is...
> Just some short rant from me, sorry :-)

Yes, the name is a little problem.
And I think you forgot KPPPLCP.cpp. :)

KPPPFiniteStateMachine.cpp is just too long, IMHO.
The class would then be called PPPFiniteStateMachine instead of PPPFSM.

Alternatively, KFSM.cpp and FSM (for the class name) would be possible, but
they will cause problems because these names will surely not be used only
once in our tree.

As the DiskDeviceAPI, too, has some long names I will rename it into
KPPPFiniteStateMachine.h/cpp and PPPFiniteStateMachine.
Does anyone vote against this decision?

Waldemar