[openbeosnetteam] Re: I want to work on porting RALink driver

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:00:59 +0200

Dhruwat Bhagat schrieb:
Hi Colin,
do you think I could try porting the current freebsd driver for RALink to the current framework you have developed?
At the moment I don't suggest to use any of my work directly, because it is only a prototype.
Would the API exposed to the drivers will be very different when you have developed the Haiku specific wifi stack? I am
The Haiku specific WiFi API will be very different from the FreeBSD one. For example: FreeBSDs WiFi driver interacting very closely with the WiFi stack. The Haiku stack will be more loosely coupled by relying on ioctls.
currently trying to understand your work and the FreeBSD Compatibility layer. I am trying to see if the RALink driver can leverage your port like the Atheros FreeBSD driver does.
As you are going to write an USB wifi driver you would have to enhance the FreeBSD compat layer for USB support.
cheers,
Dhruv