[openbeosnetteam] Re: Hey Philippe, Waldemar...

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Networking" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:48:21 +0100

Merry Christmas to you all (well, one day too late...).

Hi Scott,

> How can I help?

The route and traceroute commands do not work.
I could need a simple tcpdump application to see if all PPP packets are sent
correctly.
Additionally, the netstack is full of bugs:

It is not thread-safe (e.g.: ifnet usage: adding/removing and access are always
done without locking).

I cannot send/receive packets using the PPP add-on although all values are set
correctly (local and destination address + local netmask)

Do you have a private network? If so, could you please try to ping and then
telnet or ftp to your sencond computer using our netstack?
We do not have an telnet/ftp app; I hope those on your HD will work. Otherwise
we might have to get the source of the BSD apps and try to compile it.

Philippe will probably have some better jobs for you, but I would be happy if
our netstack was working... ;)

Thank you for you offer to help us.

Bye,
Waldemar