[openbeosnetteam] Hey Philippe, Waldemar...

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:08:18 -0800

A little while ago you were razzing me about helping out with the networking stuff. The screen saver stuff is handled (hey Michael!), so I'm ready to start. :-)

Before digging in though, I need to know what needs work.

FYI: my networking experience is pretty much limited to writing ethernet drivers for switches (mostly layer 2, some layer 3), socket applications, some multicast (PIM v2), and a smattering of STP and RSTP. I've got all three volumes of Stevens' "TCP/IP illustrated" so there's an authoritative reference available for the lower-level stuff.

How can I help?

Cheers, and happy holidays,
Scott Mansfield