[openbeosnetteam] Re: Hey Philippe, Waldemar...

  • From: Andrew Waterman <awater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:27:47 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I was wondering about building the source.  I downloaded the latest from
sourceforge, compiled the jam tool to run on my linux distro, and tried to
use jam to build the remainder of the source.  Unfortunately, many of the
files seem to be using particular OS type declarations ... so I believe
I'm out of luck on my linux box.  I would love to know a couple of things:

1.  What's the target for OS for doing builds.
2.  How possible it might be to do builds and development on linux .. ;-)

Anyway, once I get things up and running, I'm hoping to contribute to the
efforts with a dchp client. ;-)

best,

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Brennan Cleveland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Brennan here.  It's been awhile (my previous semester of school was
> demanding) but I'm back at it.  I have many machines on a local
> network, and I plan to start debugging the stack again (not that I
> got that far before, but...)
>
> Also, I'm starting to write up a Getting Started document to help new
> developers:
>
> 1. Get the source from CVS
> 2. run jam
> 3. create the boot floppy
>
> When I get that document nice and shiny, I will submit it for peer
> review...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brennan

---

Andrew Waterman                                               awater@xxxxxxxxxxx
P.O. Box 181                                                        510.830.9706
Berkeley, California 94701

                                                                             ---

"The future is beautiful."
        -- Nova (http://www.discogs.com/release/45314)