[openbeosnetteam] Re: [Fwd: New Networking Project...]

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:33:42 +0100

Hi David,
please continue your DHCP client. Even if any of the other projects has its own implementation we want to replace each part with a clean solution. Your work is not wasted and very much appreciated. Also, BSD would not bring us a nice kernel-land implementation.

Bye,
Waldemar

David Enderson wrote:
Philippe,

Where does this leave my DHCP implementation?  I have also been pulled
away by work and personal, and have been slating a large block of
vacation around Christmas and New Year's time to finish the stand-alone
executable.

If the FreeBSD 5.x net stack was ported, would that include a DHCP
client?  Would this "marrow" project include a DHCP client piggy-backing
in with the FreeBSD net stack?

Should I continue working on the DHCP client?  I'd love to, I would just
prefer the time not be wasted.  :-)

On a personal note, good luck finding a job.  I have no idea what the
job market is like in your part of France for your skills, but I wish
you the best of luck.

--David