[openbeosnetteam] Re: FreeBSD *netperf* stack port summer project anyone?

  • From: Nathan Whitehorn <nathanw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:32:04 -0400

FreeBSD uses all-userland DHCP and just switched from ISC DHCPv3 to OpenBSD's fork of ISC DHCP. So, yes, they have one, but then again, ISC works on pretty much everything.
-Nathan

On Jul 15, 2005, at 5:16 PM, David Enderson wrote:

Philippe,

I think that sounds like a really good idea.

How does this affect the work I'm doing on a DHCP client?  Does their
stack that you are proposing porting have one?

Let me be clear: I'm happy to continue working on the DHCP client I'm
working on, and I am just as happy to use theirs if they have one and it
is better. I just want what is best for Haiku.

Just let me know what you want me to do.  I don't think I'll have time
to help with this port.

--David Enderson